I decided to add this photo to reiterate my love for tea... even though I look rough!
Sunday, 29 March 2009
Tuesday, 24 March 2009
Ok, So I'm not normally known as a geek (I don't think??!) But secretly I am... in a lot of ways, which you will probably come to find out!! Today's Geeky-ness is how I like to read quotes from famous people... I think they are cool, and interesting and a lot of the time thought-provoking... so here goes, some (well quite a few) quotes from Mark Twain, my chosen person for today - enjoy :)
My Top 16 Mark Twain Quotes:
1. A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining, but wants it back the minute it begins to rain
2. Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first
3. Facts are stubborn things, but statistics are more pliable
4. Grief can take care of itself, but to get the full value of a joy you must have somebody to divide it with.
5. I have a higher and grander standard of principle than George Washington. He could not lie; I can, but I won't
6. If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything
7. It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt
8. It is easier to stay out than get out
9. Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great
10. The best way to cheer yourself is to try to cheer someone else up
11. The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them
12. Time cools, time clarifies; no mood can be maintained quite unaltered through the course of hours
13. When you cannot get a compliment any other way pay yourself one
14. Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform
15. A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes
16. Man is the Only Animal that Blushes. Or needs to
Thursday, 19 March 2009
"Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn’t it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up. You build up all these defenses, you build up a whole suit of armor, so that nothing can hurt you, then one stupid person, no different from any other stupid person, wanders into your stupid life…You give them a piece of you. They didn’t ask for it. They did something dumb one day, like kiss you or smile at you, and then your life isn’t your own anymore. Love takes hostages. It gets inside you. It eats you out and leaves you crying in the darkness, so simple a phrase like ‘maybe we should be just friends’ turns into a glass splinter working its way into your heart. It hurts. Not just in the imagination. Not just in the mind. It’s a soul-hurt, a real gets-inside-you-and-rips-you-apart pain. I hate love."